Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Weird Wednesday

Today was just one of those days where things don't go "wrong" per se, but the weirdest things happen every few hours. For example -

* Hot tea literally melting the insulated cups - specifically designed for hot liquids - that we had in the house. The first cup had the bottom actually fall out of the cup and the second cup not only leaked the entire contents (into my car while I was driving to work nonetheless) but also came apart in the middle. Like split into two halves. Needless to say I had hot tea and coconut oil all over my cup-holder this morning. And some on my floor mat. It was an exciting 10 minutes in the middle of the commute to work, actually.

* My boss took me out to lunch for a belated birthday celebration and the guy who took our order asked if we were on a father-daughter lunch. Um dude, he's my boss. I mean he's a nice guy and all but....no.

* The same server was vaguely flirting with me...and was wearing a wedding ring. Um, again, no.

* The power randomly went off today at work, for the entire block too. For an entire hour. I was told I could go home but as I had to get something filed THAT DAY I had to just wait around for the power to be restored. (P.S. I got the filing done so that's good.)

* When the power actually came back on originally...the elevator didn't work. So I just had to climb back up 5 flights of stairs (with sore legs from yesterday's workout). Which was, you know, fine, but ugh. Oh and ouch. Don't forget about ouch.

Ugh, I'm sure there was more but again, I didn't write it down earlier! Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment